Amy Robinson Photography

My photo
Oklahoma City, OK

Friday, February 19, 2010

I am THAT mother!

I have, just this morning, decided to start blogging about all the things that I allow my son to do as a mother that I was taught growing up not to do! My first post, is of my 3 year old son playing in the street. While this may sound absurd, I was standing within 6 feet of him the whole time and made him come back to the driveway or sidewalk if a car was approaching. Eli had been trying so hard to jump in the puddles all day and I would not let him. It was freezing cold and he didn't need to be wet, so when we got home I decided to go ahead and let him splash in the puddles. The only puddles around were in the street though, so why not?!! I let him splash to his hearts desire, well until I got too cold to be outside :) I am a weenie when it comes to the cold and being outdoors! My thought process is from a semi -new revelation, life is not all about living by the rules. Its about living with passion and having fun doing it but with boundaries! I want my children to grow up and live out their lives with passion for God, but how they live their spiritual life is rooted in how they live their everyday life, taught as children.

No comments:

Post a Comment